Who you are
You’re an experienced and adaptable editor looking for steady, varied work that you can do at home in a way that suits your life and schedule. You strive for perfection in everything you do, and you love to say yes to new challenges. You might be an experienced independent contractor looking for a more collaborative work culture, or you might be new to freelance work and unsure how to start. Either way, you’re looking for people who will appreciate your talent and expertise—and that’s exactly what you’d find at Elite.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- A comprehensive knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition
- Experience with process guides and collaborative work
- Reviewing and assessing project deliverables for meeting style, grammar, and content specifications
- Coaching new writers and/or editors
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Location: Work from anywhere! This position is freelance and remote.
- Workload: This is flexible; however, we are looking for some editors who can commit to a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week.
- Pay: Pay is based on the project type and service line, but project pay is based on a minimum ₹1/word rate, with higher pay available based on volume and expertise.
- There are two tests, you may take one or both of them (senior editing or developmental editing) Only applicants with tests will be considered.
To apply, please follow the “apply” button which leads to our hiring webpage and download the test from the side bar menu. Upon completion, please submit your test to the link provided in the test directions. We look forward to working with you!